R2 – Release Notes
This week’s new features:
Live Chat – a new feature, which you have access to throughout the app. If at any point you have a question about your search criteria, search results, or another topic, send a chat to our support team who are standing by and ready to answer questions from 8:30 a.m CST to 5:00 p.m. CST.
1) Start your search with broad search terms, and refine as needed. Sometimes including hyper-specific search terms like a middle initial or full zip code will exclude results that otherwise match your criteria. For example, searching for “Mark E Zuckerberg” returns far fewer results than a broader “Mark Zuckerberg” search will. You can always refine your search using the Refine Search bar on the search results page. Use this feature to update your terms as you go.
2) Use Advanced Search to avoid inefficient search terms and increase the number of results you see. Advanced Search allows you to enter criteria into each of the search fields donor dossier uses to retrieve results. It also allows you to see how Donor Dossier parses your search terms. That means you can see if your terms are run against the wrong data field. If you run a Standard Search and get no results, click the Advanced Search icon. This will convert your search into an Advanced Search, where you can review your terms, edit them, and run a better search. Advanced Search helps you avoid running searches that don’t meet the Standard Search use cases.
3) DD only uses State Code, not State name. Format your searches to include “IL” rather than “Illinois”.
4) Use geographic information to improve your results. Standard and Advanced Searches can be run using many combinations of geographic information. The following combinations are listed in order from most broad to most narrow, try them out:
– Name + State
– Name + City & State
– Name + Partial Zip Code (first 3 digits)
– Name + Zip Code (5 digits)
– Name + Street Address + City + State
- Related Results address status fix: Related Address Results now report if an address is an Active, Current, or Historic Address.
– Active: the address is a known address, and may be the contact’s current address
– Current: the address is a known current address, and is likely to be the contact’s current address
– Historic: the address is a known previous address, and the contact no longer lives there
- Related Email Address criteria fix: Related Address Results do not require Address 1 and Address 2 to complete the search successfully.
That’s it for this week.
P.S. If you have any questions or need help, my team and I are standing by. Just send us a quick note to email@example.com.
All users are encouraged to explore the Release Blog and review material on Donor Dossier’s core features. These posts provide step-by-step guides on how to successfully complete Standard and Advanced Searches. There are also posts on understanding the map features and reviewing your search results.